Rolfing® is a hands-on therapy focused on creating balance and comfort in the body through soft tissue manipulation and postural education. It helps improve balance, flexibility, and physical abilities.
In 10 sessions Rolfing® works on all parts of the body, releasing the connective tissues that surround muscles and bones to help align the skeletal structure of the body.
Rolfing® for Better Performance
Rolfing® is used by a wide variety of people including professional athletes, dancers, and yoga students that want to achieve better performance.
Rolfing® for Injury and Pain
Rolfing® directly addresses the issue of compensation that the body creates to get relief from chronic pain and injury. Through hands on manipulation and education the body can achieve ease of movement, improved balance and better posture.
Experts estimate that upwards of ninety percent of disease is stress-related. And perhaps nothing ages us faster – internally and externally – than high stress. Rolfing® is an effective tool for managing this stress, which translates into:
• Relief from chronic pain
• Improved posture
• Greater energy
• Improved concentration
• Increased circulation
• Reduced fatigue
Rolfing® can specifically address and heal many common issues, including:
• Alleviating low-back pain and improve range of motion.
• Easing medication dependence.
• Enhancing immunity by stimulating lymph flow – the body’s natural defense system.
• Exercising and stretching weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
• Helping athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
• Improving the condition of the body’s largest organ—the skin.
• Increasing joint flexibility.
• Lessening depression and anxiety.
• Promoting tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
• Pumping oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
• Reducing postsurgery adhesions and swelling.
• Reducing spasms and cramping.
• Relaxing and softening injured, tired, and overused muscles.
• Releasing endorphins – amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller.
• Relieving migraine pain.